Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pretty Little Liars

Well, I succumbed to this particular series. Sometimes you just need a little bit of fluff to make your life fun. There are eight books in the Pretty Little Liars series; I have read five of them (I'm saving the other three for a rainy day). These are great, quick little reads. However, I got really sick of some the characters constantly getting crapped on by the universe. These books follow four girls, Aria, Spencer, Emily, and Hanna who live in Rosewood, PA. They were all best friends with a girl named Ali (great name!) who, unfortunately, disappeared in the summer after their seventh grade year. They all end up going their separate ways, Ali and the mysterious "Jenna Thing" having been really the only things that tied them together. Throughout the series they are dogged by a person who mysteriously calls themself "A." I can't say much of the plot of the series without giving a lot of spoilers, and I hate it when people spoil a series for me. Suffice it to say, they are fun to read, quick, and enjoyable. They are deemed YA (young adult), however with the sex, drug use, and language used throughout the series, I would recommend this to an older YA reader. Brand names abound, and a couple of the girls come from some ridiculous money. Great chick lit, but not on par with Bridget Jones (in my honest opinion). You can find all eight in a boxed set on Amazon, or you can buy them piecemeal also at Amazon or any store (Target sells them, as well as other places). And as with most of the books I review, they come in ebook format!

No comments:

Post a Comment