Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Clash of Kings

A Clash of Kings... the second book in the series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin.  I must say if his July release date doesn't go through, I'm going to be super upset (as will a lot of other people!!), as I am enjoying this series more than I remember doing so in the past.  This book is much like the first; epic in scale, character development, and battle scenes, it furthers the story that the first one began.  Much of the book is used as a set up for some major battles.  While I enjoy this book immensely, the first one was still better.  However, here it is that we begin to see that some characters aren't really what they seem.  Martin writes with such wonderful skill that I can't wait to start the third installment: A Storm of Swords.  However, since we are still two and a half months (roughly) from the release date of the fifth book, A Dance with Dragons, I may slow down a bit.  I can gobble up these books quickly, as the detail is so rich and the story so complex!

Once again, you can find this title here, on Amazon, or at your local bookstore.

P.S.  The HBO series, A Game of Thrones, is so far following the book closer than I had dared to believe. It has been a great treat so far to watch that amazing book come to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment