Saturday, April 9, 2011

Higher Authority

I needed a break from historical fiction, so I read this brief novel about the Mormon Church. Apparently this book is just one of several in a series by Stephen White. It was recommended to me by a friend's mom after she heard I was doing a research project on the Church. While this book was entertaining, I found the writing to be very elementary, the dialogue false, and the descriptions of action sequences a bit muddled. Even though this is a part of a series, I was able to jump right into the book without any background information on the characters. I don't have any favorite quotes, simply because the writing in this book wasn't that memorable for me. I would give it a solid two stars, maybe two and half. Like I mentioned above, entertaining, but really not memorable. You can find the book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment